First, my apologies in advance, this post may be a little incoherent as I’m pretty high on Vicodin, but I wanted to try giving an update!
The good news:
- We are home! We actually got to come home last night after the surgery because there were no complications and I was doing well. If given a choice between the bells, whistles and middle-of-the-night interruptions, I’ll take HOME anytime! This, however, is how I think Tina felt:
- I lost 7 pounds in one day! (that’s probably an exaggeration, but have you seen my knockers?)
- Our refrigerator is full of homemade soup and all our flat surfaces are covered with flowers – thank you for the outpouring of love!
- They make dry shampoo again!
- I’ve got, like, three weeks off!
- Kelly Conner and Morgan & Vivienne Turner came to see me today!
The bad news:
- I won’t be going to the Bahamas for my 50th birthday in my little black bikini like Cindy Crawford did.
- Um, I think that’s it.
Here are some more witty quotes from famous people, changed just a bit, if they had had a mastectomy…
“Remember, no one can make you feel inferior unless they drop by when you haven’t showered for 3 days.” Eleanor Roosevelt
“Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out when you’re high on Vicodin and confirm it.” Abraham Lincoln
“It’s easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission from Tina to carry your own glass into the kitchen.” Grace Hopper
“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. Unless it’s that they won’t find cancer in your lymph nodes” Dalai Lama